Friday, August 30, 2013

First of many

Good morning! Looks like summer is gone. For the last couple of days we've been having a yucky weather and the temperatures aren't high anymore either. But I guess that's normal, since September is just around the corner. 

Today a new challenge went live at the Sweet Pea stampers blog and the theme for this challenge is "Fantasy". So ink those fairy, mermaid etc. stamps and get creative. :) Before I show you the card I made I want to tell you something about it.

The card I made for this challenge is very special. Why? Because it's the first (of many more) that will be going to my sweet friend who is fighting leukemia again. She suffered from this terrible disease a couple of years ago and she won the battle. Now, after being leukemia free for 2 years, leukemia returned. I was really shocked when I heard the news. She is one very, very sweet person, full of life and optimism. And not long ago she also became a mummy. And now this ... :( Because she lives on the other side of the world I can't go and visit her, but I still wanted to do something. So when I heard they were having a garage sale to raise some money for the treatment, I immediately wrote her, asking if I could do something. And she asked me if I could send her some cards and/or jewelry for the garage sale. Of course I said yes! And this is the first card that was made especially for this occassion. I hope Britney will like it.


I used Ching-Chou Kuik's Fly butterfly stamp and colored it with distress inks. In the wings and on the dots of her dress I also used some diamond Stickles. The papers I used are from Provo Crafts and from Nature collage kit by Artsy Collage and I used scissors and distress inks to distress the edges. Lace, gems and doily are from my stash and flowers are from various companies. I embossed the banner that's peeking from behind the image with Cottage floral embossing folder. The butterflies are made with my craft punch and the dies I used on this card are from Marianne design and Spellbinders. 

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges:
CLP challenge blog: Sketch
Pile it on: Designer paper
Simon says: Anything goes
Rhedd and Rosie's challenge blog: Something for the ladies
Cute card Thursday: Things with wings
Divas by design: Lovely lace
Addicted to stamps: Shabby/vintage
Craftin desert diva's: Anything goes
Crafty calendar: Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs! xx

16 comments:

  1. I really love all the Sweet Pea fairies Cebelica and this one is no exception, lovely card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, thank you for sharing with us @ Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great soft coloured card for our challenge over on divas by designs xx lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love your choice of image for our fantasy challenge - gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card Cebelica. Beautifully colored image and the soft colors complement each other so well. It is so kind of you to make this card for a friend in need of comfort.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love all the detail. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party. New Linky Party starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC this time!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful cebelica.a really gorgeous image and your pretty colours and design are stunning.:D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, I love the soft colours and the touch of sparkle. Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooooow! Tole je pa res prava lepotička!!! lp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Cebelica, so many pretty details to look at, I love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cebelica, what a gorgeous card you have made. I love the colours and embellishments you have chosen. More importantly I admire the reason for making the card. I am so sorry your friend has gone through this once already and now again. It can be such a cruel world at times. She's very lucky to have friends, whether ones she can see of what I call "cyber" friends, as you will help her get through this difficult time. Take care, Kym xxx PS Sorry for the lateness of this post. It's taken me a few days to get into commenting after my holiday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and stunning card Cebelica! Great job!


    Hugs
    Kim

    Please if you have much time please visit my site DigiDarlaDesigns.com for more digi's...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card...loving all your embellishing.

    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies.

    Hugs
    Sandie (owner & head Dt)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)