Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Together forever

Hey, hey! How are you doing? Good, I hope. I finally finished one big(ger) paper project I've been working on for a while (sorry, can't share it just yet). And I made this card I am about to show you.

A short while ago a friend of mine got engaged and I wanted to send her a card. At first I wanted to make a vintage looking card, with no image, but I know she likes cute things, so I changed my mind and went through my stash, looking for the perfect image. And I found it ... As soon as I saw this image from LOTV I knew it would be perfect for her. 


Isn't it cute? I love it! I have to admit I found colouring this image a bit challenging. I didn't want to use my markers and distress inks weren't an option either. I am VERY lucky to have a very sweet friend who let me borrow her polychromos for colouring this image. I've never coloured with those before and didn't know which colours blend together well etc. Normally I would play with them longer and test them all, but I wanted to give them back asap, so I was doing just small test with some pencils that I thought looked as if they could work well together on a scrap of paper. Let me tell you a "secret" - I was actually going for a bit more (light) pink look of the girl's dress, but it didn't actually turn out that way. BUT I am still very happy. I think it actually looks pretty good (probably even better than it would in light pink), even though the colour is completely different. Maybe I could call this a "happy accident". lol


I used the last (whole) sheet and some scraps of paper from Prima's Tea Thyme paper pad. I love the romantic look of these papers. I embellished the card with some flowers, lace and pearl trim.



My friend has already received this card and she said the loved it and that it brought a smile to her face. Yay! Mission accomplished. ;) I hope you like it too!

Have a wonderful day! xx

I'd like to enter my card to the following challenges:
Simon says stamp (Wednesday challenge): Anything goes
AnMa Creatief: Roses
The ribbon girl: Card challenge
Creative inspirations: Favourite things (I used my favourite embellishments - flowers and lace, and papers from one of my fave Prima paper pads)
Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper challenge: Use patterned paper
Deep ocean: Bingo (sentiment, stitching - stitched rectangle die and stitched banner die, die cut)
Scrapbook Stamp Society: Anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs: Anything goes
The paper shelter: Flower power

15 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Cebelica and that image is just perfect for an engagement card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and beautiful colouring.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zelo lepa. Sličica pa je krasno pobarvana. Všeč so mi pastelni toni.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. prekrasna je, toliko lepih dodatkov!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful is your card and so adorable is your image l just love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card and image! I love the design and your wonderful colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this card is gorgeous, I love everything about it. Thank you so much for sharing in our Challenge this week at ScrapbookStampSociety.

    Linda SSCDT
    ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cebelica this is gorgeous
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, me again just to say thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very sweet, love your pretty design Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs, Julie P
    The Paper Shelter DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)